• In the hopes of repairing ties with Venezuela, Israel has not released any statements about the death of Hugo Chávez (despite their likely relief). [ToI]
• The Australian foreign minister confirmed that Ben Zygier, formerly known as “Prisoner X,” who died in Israeli prison in 2010, had worked for the Israeli government, but did not disclose in what capacity. [JTA]
• Donald Glaser, who won a Nobel Prize in Physics when he was 34 and invented the bubble chamber, has died at age 86. [NYT]
• Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren made an appearance on the Colbert Report last night. Watch and see how he did. [Colbert Report]
• The first issue on Israeli Playboy hit newsstands yesterday to the delight, consternation, and apathy of many. [Haaretz]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.