• According to reports, Israeli jets struck what is thought to be a convey carrying weapons across the border from Syria into Lebanon. Others are saying it was on the Syrian side. Others yet are saying it was just a warning shot. [Times of Israel]
• John Kerry: secretary of state. Have a nice ring to it? Well, if you don’t think so, sorry, he was just confirmed by a 94-3 vote. [JTA]
• The Times takes a look at the “shadowy squads” patrolling the streets of Hasidic Brooklyn warning citizens and shops about immodest dress and behavior. [NYT]
• Today in United Nations outrage, Sudan of all good countries was voted to be vice-president of the Economic and Social Council, which regulates human rights. [UN]
• Max Greenfield, who plays Schmidt on the hit show The New Girl, tells Jimmy Fallon all about his mother and his bar mitzvah. [Jewcy]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.