• C.J. Chivers explains how the Syrian rebels are using improvised bombs to even the playing field in Syria against Assad forces. [NYT]
• More details (including security footage) emerge on the suicide bomber who struck an Israeli tour bus in Bulgaria yesterday, killing seven and wounding 35. [Haaretz]
• Ruth Marcus opines on the splintering of Israeli society and the conscription law. [WP]
• Leah Koenig examines the Cel-Ray renaissance and drops a recipe for Gazpacho. [Forward]
• Mark Regev, Bibi’s spokesman, sent a letter to the BBC listing not listing a capital city for Israel on its 2012 Olympics website. [FB Page]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.