• The Italian Parliament held a moment of silence to honor the 11 athletes and coaches killed at the 1972 Munich Olympics. [Times of Israel]
• The Times explores the differences between the Showtime hit ‘Homeland’ and its less glossy Israeli model…meaning the one without Claire Danes in it. [NYT]
• A Birthright Israel participant from the Ukraine died in an accident on the program earlier this week, the third death in the program’s history. [JTA]
• Len Saxe, a leading Jewish demographer, says a much-ballyhooed recent population study of New York State may have overstated the Orthodox population. [Jewish Week]
• Israelis are on the hunt for gas masks as the situation in Syria deteriorates and fears of its recently-acknowledge chemical weapons arsenal. [Calgary Herald]
• Bulgarian-born Alexis Weissenberg would have been 83 today, he died in January. Here’s him suavely dropping some Chopin; watch the right hand:
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.