• Lebanon happens to assume the Security Council’s rotating leadership in September. Guess what one of its first moves will be? [JPost]
• Russia is semi-secretly working to restart nuclear talks with Iran. [AP/WP]
• Roughly one-fifth of the House of Representatives is visiting Israel during summer recess, especially notable given the poor relations between President Obama and Prime Minister Netanyahu. [NYT]
• An advocacy group accused Israel of arresting an Al Jazeera journalist and holding him without charges. [AP/WP]
• Glenn Beck, in Israel in advance of next week’s rally, called the #j14 protesters the “hard left” and repeatedly insisted referred to “Judea and Samaria.” [Ynet]
• Sen. Patrick Leahy, Democrat of Vermont, is sponsoring a bill to halt U.S. funding to three elite IDF units (including the famed Shayetet 13), which he says engage in human rights violations in the Palestinian territories. [Haaretz]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.