• President Obama allocated an additional $205 million in military aid for the completion of Israel’s “Iron Dome” missile defense system. [JTA]
• Obama and President Medevedev kibitzed over Iran and the Mideast during an hour-and-a-half phone call. [JPost]
• After going an entire issue without a major feature shedding light on a new corner of the Obama administration, the Times Magazine profiles lawyer, author, and top federal regulator Cass Sunstein. [NYT]
• An historic Shanghai synagogue, built by the first wave of immigrants from Baghdad in the 1920s, was given permission to hold limited services in connection with the upcoming World Expo. [eJP]
• Law & Order looks to be on its way out. Somehow, this feels like Jewish news. [NYT]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.