• Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, a Holocaust denier to begin with, denied Jerusalem’s Jewish heritage in speech yesterday and claimed that Israel plans to destroy the al-Aksa mosque and build a temple on top of it. [JTA]
• The Times of Israel reports on Israel’s slow-in-coming transition the use of solar energy, despite…well…a lot of sun. [Times of Israel]
• Natalie Portman has been married to a Frenchman for all of two weeks and now she is appearing nearly nude in a Dior ad, which will ultimately benefit the Free the Children Foundation. [Forward]
• Amos Harel at the Gatestone Institute debriefs us on the threat to Israel’s western border, which he says may be greater than the Iranian nuclear threat. [Gatestone]
• Knesset speaker Reuven Rivlin visited Jamal Julani–the victim of last week’s grisly attack in central Jerusalem–at a hospital and apologized. [JPost]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.