• A nation is, apparently, more important than regime according to Vladimir Putin regarding Syria. Glad we figured that out. [Al-Jazeera]
• The Cambridge Digital Library has uploaded the second-oldest known fragment of the Tanakh along with the contents of the Cairo Geniza. Of course, if you want to see the oldest known biblical scrolls, you should visit the Dead Sea Scrolls, nu? [JTA]
• C.J. Chivers reports on the dropping of cluster bombs by the Assad regime in Syria to maximize civilian casualties. [NYT]
• The fallout and jockeying at Congregation B’nai Jeshurun continues following the shul’s controversial embrace of the United Nations resolution granted Palestinians non-member status. [Forward]
• Bernie Madoff’s brother has been sentenced to 10 years in jails for his role in his brother infamous Ponzi scheme. [FoxNews]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.