• White House chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel (a “self-hating Jew,” according to Prime Minister Netanyahu) reportedly told an Israeli consul he was fed up with Israel. One imagines the conversation dipped into profanity. [Haaretz]
• Meanwhile, an anonymous U.S. diplomat criticized (in more on-message fashion) continued Israeli building in East Jerusalem. [JPost]
• Expect the U.S. Senate Jew-count to tick up another notch: Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Connecticut) is announcing his retirement, and his likely temporary replacement is State Attorney General Richard Blumenthal. [WP]
• An Israeli airstrike in Gaza yesterday killed one militant: the first fatality of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in 2010. [WP]
• A skirmish between Egyptian border security and Hamas members in Gaza led to a border guard’s death. Gazans are angry over a delayed aid convoy (and, presumably, over having to live in Gaza). [AP/Haaretz]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.