• Israeli forces shot to death an unarmed Palestinian man on the edge of a West Bank settlement. [NYT]
• An Arab man was convicted of rape by deception and sentenced to 18 months in prison after having consensual sex with a Jewish Israeli woman while pretending he was Jewish. [Guardian]
• Israeli diplomats are working friendly diplomats to get them to persuade Lebanon and Syria to halt the latest Gaza-bound flotilla, which Lebanon appears to be behind and which is set to sail from Tripoli later this week. [Haaretz]
• Newt Gingrich, a potential 2012 Republican presidential candidate, came out strongly against the planned Islamic center near Ground Zero. [AP/Google]
• In an op-ed, Alan Dershowitz accuses J Street of misrepresenting his Mideast positions by lumping him in with Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh. [JTA]
• Mel Gibson’s latest verbal incident has turned off his European fans—which were the only ones he had left! [NYT]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.