• An IDF soldier was killed by a Palestinian who slipped through the Gaza border undetected. Israel responded with air fire. Could be a bumpy weekend. [NYT]
• President Obama massively expanded “Olympic Games,” the codeword for the U.S. cyberweapons program, creating with Israel the extremely aggressive virus known as Stuxnet. Blockbuster piece. [NYT]
• Top diplomats Secretary of State Clinton and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice increasingly focused their rhetorical ire on Russia for abetting Syria’s Assad regime. [LAT]
• The remains of 91 Palestinians buried in Israel, usually after they had launched terrorist attacks, were returned to the Palestinian Authority in a goodwill gesture designed to get back to the negotiating table. [NYT]
• A Kadima Knesset member basically called for the housing of left-wing activists in, um, camps. [Haaretz]
• There have now been reports of three mass killings in Syria this week. [NYT]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.