• At a press conference in Jordan, former Syrian Prime Minister (and recent defector) Riyad Farid Hijab said that the regime of Bashar al-Assad is crumbling from within. [NYT]
• According to the Israeli daily Maariv, Israel has issued a Kol Nidre ultimatum for President Obama to commit to using force against Iran. Kol Nidre is also the start date of the U.N. General Assembly. [Israel Matsav]
• Cstary saga continues: A Hungarian lawmaker is urging authorities to charge Nazi hunter Efraim Zuroff with making false statements against alleged Nazi war criminal Laszlo Csatary. Csatary, whose Canadian citizenship was revoked, was arrested in Hungary after a British newspaper leaked his whereabouts. [JTA]
• Sweet, Brah: Israel’s National Trail has been named one of the world’s “most epic hikes” by National Geographic. [NatGeo]
• The South African Deputy Foreign Minister is being accused of boycotting Israel after calling on fellow South Africans not to visit the country. [JPost]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.