• Artists and writers including Jane Fonda and Naomi Klein sent a letter of protest against the Toronto International Film Festival for a planned segment focusing on films from Tel Aviv, which they say is tantamount to a propaganda campaign. [Reuters]
• In an interview with Evangelical pastor John Hagee, Elie Weisel said, “Whenever anyone does that, criticizes Israel, I say, ‘What are your credentials?’ Have you ever praised Israel? Have you ever defended Israel? Have you ever been on the side of Israel?” [USNWR]
• Evangelical students will now have the opportunity to build their cred by participating in the March of the Living, a trip through the former Nazi death camps in Poland and then to Israel; “The fact that this could happen to any group of people on the basis of their faith is something that all people of faith need to take very, very seriously,” says a Christian leader. [JPost]
• An aide to Benjamin Netanyahu says the Israeli P.M. will approve plans to build new homes for settlers before considering a later construction freeze. [Reuters]
• Meanwhile a source at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv confirms it’s “doubtful” President Obama signed off on the plans. [Ynet]
Hadara Graubart was formerly a writer and editor for Tablet Magazine.