• The State Department criticized newly announced building in East Jerusalem as President Shimon Peres makes the rounds in Washington, D.C. [Haaretz]
• A group of prominent, mainstream centrist Israelis will present a peace plan—with all the standard basic parameters—that it hopes will catch on and push both leaderships toward a deal. [NYT]
• The Palestinian village next to the settlement of Itamar has been the subject of a massive, intrusive probe in order to find the Fogel family killers. [NYT]
• Both human rights activists and some Capitol Hill leaders have called on the administration to take a tougher line on the Assad regime’s crackdown on Syrian protests. [WSJ]
• The Goldstones are going to Israel! [AP/WP]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.