• European Union ministers have announced they will provide “unprecedented” financial, political and security aid if an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement is reached. [Times of Israel]
• A poll conducted by the Palestinian Center for Public Opinion, however, revealed that more than half of respondents think the peace talks will fail. [Jerusalem Post]
• The Forward breaks down the salaries of CEOs at America’s biggest Jewish non-profits. [Forward]
• After an Israeli soldier patrolling the Lebanese border was killed by a Lebanese sniper, Israeli troops returned fire, shooting two Lebanese soldiers. [Washington Post]
• Michael Bloomberg, in his last weeks as New York City mayor, is pushing through more than $12 million in real estate projects to shore up his legacy. [NYT]
• Also, there’s a Houdini museum in New York City, and for some reason we didn’t know about it until now. [Scouting NY]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.