• An 18-year-old IDF soldier was stabbed to death on a Tel Aviv-bound bus by a Palestinian teenager. [JTA]
• Meanwhile, the Brussels police department confirmed last month’s arrest of a knife-wielding man at the Israeli embassy. [Jerusalem Post]
• The 29-year-old who shot and killed three fellow Iranian expat musicians in Brooklyn before killing himself was reportedly armed with an assault rifle and 100 rounds of ammunition. [Daily News]
• Two Israeli planes filled with 100 tons of supplies and 148 search and rescue personnel are being dispatched to the Philippines in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan, which killed 1,774 and devastated the country. [Haaretz]
• Homeland and Hatufim writer Gideon Raff has sold a new Jerusalem-based series, Dig, to NBC [Times of Israel]
• Boston gets its first kosher food truck, the Chubby Chickpea. [Forward]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.