• Russian President Vladimir Putin has condemned the recent suicide bombings in Volgograd as the death toll from the two attacks reached 34. [NYT]
• Krakow’s Galicia Jewish Museum was honored with the Kryształy Soli (“Salt Crystals”) Prize for “Preserving the cultural heritage” of Jews in Poland. [Jewish Heritage Europe]
• An Israeli animal hospital rescued a pelican that had more than 110 shotgun pellets in its body and was suffering from lead poisoning. It’s too soon to say for sure, but it’s probably not a spy. [Haaretz]
• A look at changing times in the Jewish South. [BBC]
• You can get a Ruth Bader Ginsburg bobblehead, but it’s not easy. [Politico]
• Billy Crystal will be taking it easy tonight. [NY Post]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.