• Ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi, along with 35 Muslim Brotherhood members, will stand trial on a number of charges, one of which is spying for Hamas. [CNN]
• A 20-year-old man from Long Island was arrested for seven ‘knockout’ assaults, some dating back to April and some targeting victims over 65. [JTA]
• More on that 92Y showdown and Commentary editor John Podhoretz’s abrupt departure from the panel, this time from the Times. [NYT]
• Art Spiegelman doesn’t need thousand-dollar sneakers, and other gems from this Vice Q&A. [Vice]
• What would a War on Christmas (i.e. North Pole invasion) actually look like? Not good, at least not for us. [Mother Jones]
• Jewish singer Jenny Lewis joined heavy metal band Megadeth for some light Christmas caroling on Jimmy Kimmel Live. [Jewcy]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.