• Soccer star Avi Cohen’s death has put new focus on Jewish unease with organ donation, including Israel’s low organ-donor rate. [Babylon & Beyond]
• Left-wing Israeli bloggers have had some success in pushing the line that the IDF is covering up alleged culpability in a Palestinian protester’s tear gas-caused death. [The Lede]
• Chicago-area Rabbi Evan Moffic calls for the Reform Movement to adopt a “Judaism of relevance.” It’s more than a slogan. [Forward]
• RELEASE THE VULTURE! [Australia Broadcasting Corporation/Vos Iz Neias?]
• A “suspicious package” on a flight turned out to be a bagel with cream cheese. Current whereabouts unknown, though it is believed either to be at a black site in Poland or in some lucky person’s stomach. [NBC Miami]
Give it up for MCA.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.