• VP aspirant Paul Ryan maxed out with Sheldon Adelson and other Republican donors today at the Venetian, Adelson’s hotel in Las Vegas. According to reports, foreign policy was on the agenda. [JTA]
• Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren said that last year’s Iranian plot to blow up the Saudi embassy in Washington, D.C., also included a plan to attack the Israeli embassy. [JTA]
• Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi has called for regime change in Syria. He made the remarks at a conference in Mecca. [Haaretz]
• New Jew and New York Knick Amare’ Stoudemire finds peace in his local antique bookstore according to an interview with New York magazine. [NYMag]
• Jewcy’s feature “Not Your Bubbe’s Recipe” brings the sour this week with Borscht Salad. The secret is a rough chop. [Jewcy]
• Former Baywatch star Donna D’Errico is on a hunt to find the original Noah’s Ark in Turkey. Let’s wish her luck. She’s going to need it. [Gawker]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.