• Unsurprisingly, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad hadn’t been in New York for a day before he asserting that Jews have “no roots” in the Middle East. [Financial Times]
• A Jerusalem court decision to not sentence former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to jail following a charge of breach of public trust has brought about a debate in Israel about whether or not he might viably return to politics. [JPost]
• The oft-controversial group Americans for Peace Now are following in the footsteps of countless other Israel advocacy groups and setting up shop on college campuses. [Forward]
• Actor and subject of urban legend Chuck Norris, whose beard repels bullets and who can cut through a hot knife with butter, is going to make his first trip to Israel after receiving an invitation from Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Danon. [Times of Israel]
• The X Factor has a new Jewish phenom named Carly Rose Sonenclar, a 13-year-old Westchester kid and former Cozette from Les Miserables on Broadway. Jewcy has her tale. [Jewcy]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.