• Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, fresh off announcing that he will be the first Iranian in space, is also planning to travel somewhere a little closer to home: Egypt. He will be the first Iranian leader to visit the country in decades. Ahmadinejad also said that he would visit Jerusalem…you know…once it gets “liberated.” [Times of Israel]
• The New York Daily News has the full footage of Ed Koch’s memorial service including speeches by President Bill Clinton, Ambassador Ido Aharoni, and Mayor Michael Bloomberg as well as Koch’s family members and colleagues. [NYDN]
• Senator John McCain has said he will reportedly not support a filibuster to delay the vote on former Nebraska Senator Chuck Hagel’s nomination for defense secretary. [Bloomberg]
• Leslie Kaufman has a thorough look at Theodor Geisel’s (Dr. Seuss) fondness for hats, which appear on his various characters throughout his books and across the years. [NYT]
• Eli Lake writes about his battle with addiction with electronic cigarettes, which were supposed to cure the addiction to real cigarettes. [Daily Beast]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.