• Special Envoy George Mitchell is in Paris, requesting French and European Union support for the new U.S. effort to bring the Israelis and Palestinians back to the negotiating table. He is in Brussels tomorrow. [JPost]
• Manny Pacquaio, generally agreed to be the world’s best boxer, did not want to fight his fellow welterweight Yuri Foreman, who is a practicing Orthodox Jew. The Filipino megastar’s main concern is the five-and-a-half inches Foreman has on him. [LAT via JTA]
• A Chabad rabbi in upstate New York pleaded guilty to child endangerment over allegedly touching two boys inappropriately. [WTEN Albany]
• Swastikas and other graffiti were found spray-painted on an Orthodox synagogue in Sacramento, California. [JTA]
• The New York Times Book Review favorably reviewed Tablet Magazine columnist Seth Lipsky’s The Citizen’s Constitution. [NYTBR]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.