• The results of an online poll have been tallied, and the National Museum of American Jewish History in Philadelphia has the top 18 American Jews for its “Only in America Gallery”; honorees include Sandy Koufax, Emma Lazarus, and Estee Lauder. [JTA]
• Technology may have marred a once placid holiday in Israel, but pictures show Yom Kippur there was still a day less bustling than most. [Haaretz]
• Young Israel, an Orthodox organization in Richmond, Virginia, has fired its rabbi, Joseph Kolakowski, for his anti-Israel views. [VIN]
• A new report from the Bible Literacy Project says that over 350 schools in 43 states are teaching the Good Book, most using 2005’s textbook The Bible and its Influence, in which the “approach is academic and not devotional.” [Christian Post]
• Holocaust survivors discuss how they used art as a means of resistance in a new documentary, As Seen Through These Eyes. [Jewish Week]
Hadara Graubart was formerly a writer and editor for Tablet Magazine.