• As the death toll in the Newtown, Connecticut shooting rises to 27, including 18 children, James Fallows has some smart words on the tragedy. [Atlantic]
• The CIA declassified the damage assessment for convicted American spy Jonathan Pollard, who spied for Israel in the 1980s and is currently serving a life sentence. The assessment reveals that Pollard gathered intel on Arab and Russian weaponry, but did not gather intelligence on American activities . [Times of Israel]
• A new set of poems by Israeli poet Yehuda Amichai is now available in English translation thanks to Robert Alter. Worth your time. [TNR]
• Famous archeologist Robert Ballard believes that the story of the flood in the biblical story of Noah may have been possible . [Telegraph]
• Jewcy has an update of vital importance on the goings on in Mandy Patinkin’s life. Hysterical. [Jewcy]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.