• Following a semi-firestorm, the Democrats will re-insert language about the status of Jerusalem into the party platform. [NBC]
• The State of Berlin declared circumcision to be legal in defiance of a court ruling in Cologne earlier this summer. It is the first of Germany’s sixteen states to do so. [JTA]
• The headline says it all: Philip Roth to Cooperate With New Biographer [NYT]
• In a recent study, Israel received some of the world’s highest marks in innovation and science, but some very low marks in red tape and bureaucracy. [Times of Israel]
• Jacob Silverman tackles the Jewish characters on the hit HBO show “Boardwalk Empire” [Jewcy]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.