• Might Prime Minister Netanyahu agree to a partial extension of the construction freeze in exchange for the U.S. release of convicted Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard? [Laura Rozen]
• A Palestinian Authority court confirmed that it is criminal for Palestinians to sell land to Jews or Jewish companies. Oh, yeah, and the penalty is death. Wait, what? [Haaretz]
• Rahm will (probably) run. [Politico]
• Ray Takeyh argues that President Ahmadinejad is in fact delusional, and the only real solution to the Iranian problem is the eventual takeover by the forces behind the Green Movement. [WP]
• Gentiles love mezuzahs! Can’t get enough of ‘em. [NYT]
• So Jewish pitcher Jason Marquis decided to pitch on Yom Kippur. The result? He was yanked after getting only one out in the first inning, having given up six earned runs. As a Nationals fan: Thanks a lot, Jason. [Kaplan’s Korner]
Perhaps you recognize the particular Old Jew who is Telling this Joke?
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.