• The Israeli navy has radioed the Libyan-sponsored ship heading from Greece to Gaza, urging it to change course. “It will not reach Gaza,” said an IDF spokesperson. [NYT]
• Mort Zuckerman says he helped write one of President Obama’s speeches. It isn’t a very credible claim. [Ben Smith]
• Jerusalem was named Travel + Leisure’s “Best City” in the Middle East/Africa region. [Travel + Leisure]
• Brooklyn kosher fish company Dagim is donating 2500 portions of fish to New York’s Masbia kosher soup kitchens. [WSJ]
• David Berkowitz, a.k.a. the Son of Sam, who became a born-again Christian in jail two decades ago, has gained many admirers in the evangelical world. [NYT]
My favorite Seinfeld Steinbrenner scene. Although, as Queens residents, wouldn’t the Costanzas be Mets fans?
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.