• Dan Shapiro, a top administration national security aide, will be nominated to be the United States’s next ambassador to Israel. [Laura Rozen]
• Oh, and Gaddafi is technically Jewish. Wait, what? [Israel Today]
• French-Israeli law professor sues for criminal libel for a slightly negative book review. One defendant, NYU Professor Joseph Weiler, is a pretty fascinating guy. [NYT]
• The two main bodies governing Reconstructionist Judaism in America will merge. Sell-outs. [JTA]
• This piece goes on and on about how unutterably different Reps. Anthony Weiner and Jason Chaffetz are from each other, without mentioning a certain crucial similarity! [NYT]
Phish Summer 2011 Tour from Phish on Vimeo.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.