• Iran has enriched uranium further but may lack the political will actually to develop weapons, U.S. Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair testified. [Reuters/Haaretz]
• Kosher food is hip, on the grounds that it’s better for the environment and safer. But is it, actually? [Slate]
• How Israel made friends with the (very) small island nations of Micronesia and Nauru. [WP]
• A Hamas official disclosed that talks over kidnapped Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit have broken down and alleged that Prime Minister Netanyahu is to blame. [JTA]
• A long but really good profile of intellectual Tony Judt discusses his controversial views on Israel as well as his Lou Gehrig’s disease. [Chronicle of Higher Education]
• Anticipating tonight’s premiere of the final season of Lost, the folks at JTA wonder: what would the show be like if it had been an El Al flight that crashed on the island? [JTA]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.