• It seems not implausible that Israel could become the third country to send something to the moon. [Forbes]
• The Obama administration may be looking to weaken sanctions targeting Iran’s central bank. [Washington Jewish Week]
• If President Abbas chooses not to seek re-election, Prime Minister Fayyad may run to replace him. Unfortunately, Thomas Friedman has been denied the franchise in the Palestinian territories. [JPost]
• Former President Katsav, who’s going to prison for rape, requests our sympathy. [NYT]
• Corruption at Budapest’s Jewish cemetery. Sounds like a Kafka story! Except in Budapest, not Prague. But still! [JTA]
• Yossarian was not a Jew, according to his creator Joseph Heller. [JTA]
Mark Zuckerberg’s photos were leaked because Facebook’s privacy protections are poor. I’ll turn this over to Morpheus:
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.