• In a close vote reflecting the governing coalition’s majority, Israel’s parliament passed a law essentially outlawing the boycotting of Israel or the settlements. Not to make myself a criminal under Israeli law, but this is a shonda. [Haaretz]
• “Now is the time to deal with these issues,” said President Obama at a press conference today about the national debt. “If not now, when?” A Joseph Telushkin fan, this guy! [The Caucus]
• Did Glenn Beck, testifying before the Knesset, make chit-chat with a member of a State Department-ordained terrorist group? Looks that way. [+972]
• Nextbook Press author Jonathan D. Sarna uses the story of Manischewitz, now run by Sephardim, as a microcosm for the increasing diversity of the American Jewish community. [Forward]
• Rep. Anthony Weiner and Hillary Clinton adviser Huma Abedin retreated to Miami to celebrate their anniversary. And why not? [Page Six]
• Mila Kunis is beautiful, Jewish, talented, and also awesome: She is attending a Marine Corps. Ball in North Carolina with a Marine who asked her out from Afghanistan. [CBS News]
Sam Fuld will be doing color commentary on ESPN for tonight’s Home Run Derby. I’ll be watching. And the entire time, I’ll be thinking of this:
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.