• Two of the most high-profile mixed political couples all dined together in Manhattan: Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-New York) and fiancée Huma Abedin, and Chelsea Clinton and fiancé (and tastefully named) Marc Mezvinsky. Abedin is an aide to Clinton’s mother. [Page Six]
• Israel clarified that it will not reopen a crossing between it and Gaza until Hamas is out of power. [Haaretz]
• Listen to the late and great Yiddish poet Avrom Sutzkever read some of his poetry. [92Y]
• Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren said that he was resolving his minor verbal brawl with J Street, adding that, contra what he had said, the dovish American group is “much more in the mainstream.” [JTA]
• And here is video of Oren being shouted down at a speech he gave (or at least tried to give) yesterday at the University of California, Irvine. “The slogan of the protesters here was ‘Michael Oren! Propagating murder is not an expression of free speech!’” writes The New Republic’s Jonathan Chait. “Of course, you will note that at no point in Oren’s speech does he murder anybody.” [Jonathan Chait]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.