• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected demands for a settlement freeze, the Palestinian Authority’s preconditions for renewing peace talks. [Times of Israel]
• John Kerry pushed back his trip to Israel, scheduled for this week, to attend White House strategy sessions on Syria. [JTA]
• South Williamsburg’s ‘Hasidim for Bikes’ group is pushing for the installation of Citi Bike kiosks in their neighborhood. [DNAinfo]
• The trial of five of Bernard Madoff’s former business associates will last at least five months. The best part of this is the helpful parenthetical MAY’-dawf. [AP]
• And you thought you liked Girls. One superfan is getting a tattoo of a phrase from the show, handwritten by Lena Dunham. [Jewcy]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.