• In case you avoided all internet, radio, and television today, the National Rifle Association responded defiantly to criticism a week after the shooting at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. [NYT]
• South Africa’s ruling party endorses boycotts of and divestment from Israel and Israeli products. The next step will be to set up a committee to implement the resolutions. [JTA]
• Animal New York writes on Superman’s Jewishness, ahead of an exhibit at the Center for Jewish History. [Animal]
• A.O. Scott is comically critical of the latest Judd Apatow movie “This Is 40.” [NYT]
• Kosher Salt, Jewcy’s excellent comic series, has a new installment. This time Elizabeth Simins tackles being a Jew during Christmas. [Jewcy]
• Finally, a song for the shortest day of the year. Have a great weekend!
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.