• Somehow I made it through the whole week without blogging about it, which is my bad. Your requisite weekend reading is Ben Birnbaum’s profile of Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad. [TNR]
• Deputy Prime Minister Dan Meridor, a top Likudnik, has come out in favor of freezing construction on the other side of the barrier. “You offer the Palestinians a state,” he said. “But if you build there in every place, you don’t really mean it.” [Times of Israel]
• Yossi Klein Halevi sees the Iran issue—specifically further pressuring the United States not to get bogged down in the negotiations—behind the national-unity coalition. [Foreign Affairs]
• The Anti-Defamation League praises President Obama for affirming his support for gay marriage. [ADL]
• Hezbollah’s Hassan Nasrallah did some more delightful Israel-threatening. [AP/Times of Israel]
• Drake and Rashida Jones?! [Jewcy]
Happy Mother’s Day!
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.