• Russia has expelled an Israeli military assistant for being a spy, which Israel denies. [AP/WP]
• Egypt arrested more than 100 protesters outside the Israeli Embassy in Cairo. [The Lede]
• Lars Von Trier: First a “Jew,” now a “Nazi,” always a jackass. [Roger Ebert’s Journal]
• Maureen Dowd on DSK. Much of this is good and funny, though comparing him to Wolfowitz is kind of despicable. Anyway. [NYT]
• Right-wing parties are on the rise throughout Europe. [Guardian]
Every time people tell me they don’t like Israel I just want to tell them about how Israel saves cute kangaroos’ lives.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.