• More than 1,000 people, including Holocaust survivor and celebrated activist Hedy Epstein, gathered in Cairo for a march on Gaza to mark the first anniversary of “Cast Lead.” Egypt will permit 100 to enter the Strip. [NYT]
• The Israeli security service is taking seriously a death threat lodged against Defense Minister Ehud Barak. The brief note cited Barak’s “destroying settlement in Judea and Samaria.” [Ynet]
• Joan Rivers was a victim of newly heightened airport security: she was bounced from a Costa Rica-to-New York flight because her passport identifies her as “Joan Rosenberg a.k.a. Joan Rivers.” (It was her late husband’s surname.) [NY Post via Jewcy]
• Rep. Steve Rothman, from northern New Jersey, defends himself against his constituent Rabbi Shmuley Boteach’s charges. Boteach is upset that the Libyan ambassador has been permitted to move in next door. [JTA]
• Much of what you’d want to know about Jews who box. (And if you’re hungry for more, check out Douglas Century’s Barney Ross, from Nextbook Press.) [Haaretz]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.