• A top Palestinian Authority spokesperson said, “The U.N. is the only alternative to violence.” Gulp. [Haaretz]
• Syria and Israel are engaged in a pissing contest about each others’ nuclear weapons programs. [Reuters/Haaretz]
• Contributing editor Joan Nathan has the remarkable story of Michael Solomonov, the chef at the Philadelphia Israeli-cuisine restaurant Zahav. [NYT]
• John Mearsheimer blurbed a book that seems to argue that some Jews exploit the Holocaust “religion.” [Harry’s Place]
• The Iranians uninvited the Columbia students to a small dinner in midtown after there was an uproar on campus. Roar, Lion, Roar! [JTA/Jewish Journal]
• The avant-garde of siddurim. [JTA]
Metamaus: the book trailer! (Is that extra-meta?)
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.