• United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon told reporters that at meetings in Tehran with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, he urged them to prove Iran’s nuclear program is peaceful. [Haaretz]
• The Israeli High Court has ruled that Migron, the West Bank outpost that was slated for evacuation last week, must be evacuated within six days. [JPost]
• A second German rabbi, Yitshak Ehrenberg, faces criminal charges after vowing to continue carrying out circumcisions in defiance of a ruling earlier this summer in Cologne. [Times of Israel]
• France24 has the story of Miki Cohen, a medic in the 1973 Yom Kippur War, who has become the first Jewish Israel inducted into the order of Whirling Dervishes. It’s a wild story. [France24]
• This week in the Jewcy “Not Your Bubbe’s Recipe” series, a killer plan for Kibbeh Agemon. The secret is breadcrumbs. [Jewcy]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.