We had a wild wintry storm last night and when I awoke today, the video below was the first thing I saw when I hopped on the internets. Needless to say, I’m a little confused right now, but I’m working through a broad range of feelings, a few of which I’ll share:
• I firmly oppose state-sponsored animation.
• In very inchoate, tough-to-articulate ways, this video is absolutely amazing.
• This video is also almost as unsettling as the ECI Robocalls, which featured doctored clips of President Obama and Prime Minister Netanyahu seeming to argue with each other.
• Appropriating the Golden Girls theme song is a dicey move. It may pay dividends in Florida, but the younger set may revolt.
• I was hoping for a scene featuring President Obama and Prime Minister Netanyahu running through a dandelion field, splitting a bag of bamba, and rolling a bum on Allenby Street for some falafel money.
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.