• Iran nuclear talks are on schedule to restart in November. Here’s hoping that sentence remains true for the next two weeks. [JTA]
• The Kremlin issued a statement saying Russia’s Jewish flag, which not only exists but features a rainbow, isn’t in violation of the country’s ban on LGBT propaganda. [BuzzFeed]
• During opening statements at the criminal trial of five of Bernard Madoff’s employees, all of whom have pleaded not guilty, federal prosecutors said they were not only knowingly aiding Madoff in his Ponzi scheme but profiting themselves. [AP]
• The Times goes style spotting in Tel Aviv, a city in which designer boutiques abut flea markets, and the only place a guy can pair a dress with birkenstocks—birkenstocks!—and get away with it. [NYT]
• Hezbollah has detained an eagle near Beirut—you guessed it, accused Israeli spy. Animals! [Slate]
• Rhodes Scholar and possible non-Woody Allen spawn Ronan Farrow scored an hour-long weekday show on MSNBC, which will inevitably be your mother’s new favorite show. [Reuters]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.