• Damaged Torah scrolls found in Iraq by U.S. soldiers have been buried in New York. [JTA]
• More than 1.7 million Israelis are living below the poverty line, a new government report reveals. [Times of Israel]
• Last night’s 92Y debate on “What it means to be pro-Israel in America” ended in a heated exchange, with panelist and Commentary editor John Podhoretz walking off the stage. [Haaretz]
• An Israeli court has wrested control of IDB Holding Corp. from controlling shareholder Nochi Dankner, following a contentious legal battle over the company’s ownership. [AP]
• After years of KISS fans rallying support for their cause, Gene Simmons and his bandmates join this year’s inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. [Today]
• “Hugh Hefner knows me, but not in the biblical sense of the word,” Dr. Ruth tells Playboy. [Playboy]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.