Whether or not the Internet is inherently Jewish, the Jews are not very well-represented among the ranks of those with the most-followed Twitter feeds (a list topped by Lady Gaga, who has almost 16 million followers). This is mainly due to Twitter’s ecology, which favors pop stars, comedians, and Kardashians (who alone have assured that the Armenians are kicking our ass). The day that Twitter favors, I dunno, world-class violinists and Nobel-winning doctors, I’m sure we’ll do much better.
Anyway, presenting the top 10 Jewish Twitterers (in terms of most followers). Hint: number one is a pop star. Second hint: @tabletmag is not among them, but clearly should be, so follow us!
10. Neil Gaiman (@neilhimself). Followers: 1,661,114.
9. Michael Ian Black (@michaelianblack). Followers: 1,679,102.
8. Biz Stone (@biz—you get a handle like that when you helped found the thing). Followers: 1,803,648.
7. Jeremy Piven (@jeremypiven). Followers: 1,862,550.
6. Larry King (@kingsthings). Followers: 1,979,506.
5. Ben Stiller (@redhourben). Followers: 2,099,376.
4. Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman). Followers: 2,304,757. Location: “Palestinian Territories.”
Honorary Mention. Lenny Kravitz (@LennyKravitz) Followers: 2,614,596
3. Drake, nom de Twitter Drizzy (@Drake). Followers: 4,118,836.
2. Chelsea Handler (@ChelseaHandler). Followers: 4,192,844.
1. Pink, nom de Twitter P!nk (@Pink). 5,799,175.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.