• Colin Kahl explains anew why now is not the correct time for military action against Iran’s alleged nuclear weapons program. [Atlantic Goldblog]
• Given the federal fraud charges felling Kwame Brown, the most powerful D.C. politician—if not politician in D.C.—is likely to become Phil Mendelson. [WCP Loose Lips]
• Archaeologists may have found the oldest Jewish artifact in the Iberian Peninsula: a tomb slab dating to the 4th century C.E. [Medievalists]
• Barbara Walters tried to get the daughter of the Syrian ambassador a job after scoring an interview with President Assad. This is pretty obviously uncool, and she’s issued her mea culpa. [AP/Vos Iz Neias?]
• President Peres is not giving up the Jonathan Pollard fight. [JPost/Vos Iz Neais?]
• Did people realize Vatican II was penned largely by former Jews? [TNR The Book]
Eli Lake explains AIPAC’s influence, and its limits.