Sundown: Pressure on Iran Increases
Plus Lena Dunham, Margaret Sullivan, and David Axelrod
• The Obama administration renewed waivers for nine countries on Iran oil sanctions in exchange for pledges that the countries (including China and India) would cut their oil purchases from Iran. Sounds complex, but it’s meant to bite. [Reuters]
• Obama consigliere David Axelrod shaved his mustache on live television today after Joe Scarborough raked in $1 million for epilepsy research. [NYMag]
• Times public editor Margaret Sullivan responds to criticisms of the descriptions she bestowed on writers Jeffrey Goldberg, Phil Weiss, and Ali Abunimah. [NYT]
• Gawker looks at Lena Dunham’s book proposal, which at 66 pages is worth $56,000 a page given the $3.7 million deal with Random House for her memoir. [Gawker]
• Jacob Silverman explores his complicated view of Sheldon Adelson, a man who reviles, but reflexively defends from anti-Semetic caricature. [Jewcy]
Have a great weekend, a restful Shabbat, and a wonderful start to Hanukkah!
In the meantime, take five.