Daybreak: Who to Believe?
Is Ahmadinejad a Jew? Plus more questions from the news.
• The Washington Times spoke with three anonymous officials who said that President Obama agreed to maintain a ongoing understanding with Israel that exempts the nation from revealing its nuclear weapons. [WT]
• In a slightly more dubious exposé, the British Daily Telegraph reported that Iranian President Ahmadinejad has Jewish roots, based on a former family name. [Telegraph]
• Rival paper The Guardian attempts to debunk the idea with a different interpretation of the name. [Guardian]
• Meanwhile, Ahmadinejad agreed to allow inspectors into his country’s nuclear facilities. [NYT]
• Marek Edelman, a leader in the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto revolt who received the French Legion of Honor and Poland’s Order of the White Eagle, died last week at age 90. [AP]