Daybreak: Sanctions Vote Tomorrow?
Plus reverse flotillas, and more in the news
• Tomorrow will likely see the postponed U.N. Security Council vote on the additional Iran sanctions, which at least before the flotilla received support from all five permanent members. [Laura Rozen]
• While opposing the blockade, the Palestinian Authority wishes Turkey would cease propping Hamas up and wants to be involved in the opening of Gaza’s border with Egypt. [JPost]
• At least two Israel groups are planning “reverse flotillas,” in which members would sail to Turkey to bring humanitarian aid to Turkish Kurds and Turkish Armenians. [JPost]
• Israel requested increased weapons purchases from the United States, including a boosting of its emergency stores. [Haaretz]
• A special report reveals just how Iran uses shell companies and the like to ship cargo in violation of sanctions. [NYT]