Sundown: Rocket Hits Ashkelon
Plus Staten Island Jew-listing, and more
• A rocket from Gaza hit Ashkelon—the first in more than a year—causing damage and panic, though no casualties. [NYT]
• Staten Island’s Democratic congressman fired his communications director for leaking a list of his midterm opponent’s Jewish donors under the title, “Grimm Jewish Money Q2” (“Grimm” is the opponent’s unfortunate last name). [Politico]
• A tour of Ariel Sharon Park, a remarkable, state-of-the-art waste-management facility in Tel Aviv. [Slate]
• Renowned NBA blogger Bethlehem Shoals (née Nathaniel Friedman) plumbs Amar’e Stoudemire’s purportedly Jewish background, and finds murky evidence both ways, and nothing dispositive. [Fanhouse]
• The FBI had been keeping a file on Howard Zinn for six decades. [FBI]
Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-New York) brings it.
By the way, given who officiated his wedding, I think it’s safe to say that Weiner will be in Rhinebeck this weekend congratulating the happy couple. We weren’t invited, but we wish them mazel tov anyway.