• President Abbas seemed to pledge to continue talks, despite no deal on extending the settlement freeze. [NYT]
• Hamas’s West Bank leadership may be quietly against its more extreme cohort in Gaza and Damascus, who have stepped up terrorist activity in response to the talks. [JPost]
• Speaking in Britain to a group that included the Royal Family, Pope Benedict XVI compared “atheist extremism” to Nazism. [AOL News]
• The Conservative movement has brought out its first revision of its Mahzor (High Holiday prayerbook) in nearly 40 years.
Awesome! Awe-inspiring! [NYT]
• Some Harvard teachers and groups are protesting a forthcoming ceremony that will honor Martin Peretz, who has come under fire for writing in his blog for the The New Republic (of which he is editor and an owner), “Muslim life is cheap, most notably to Muslims” (he has apologized for and retracted the sentence). [NYT]